IEC 61000-3-12 deals with the limitation of harmonic currents injected into the public supply system. The limits given in this International Standard are applicable to electrical and electronic equipment with a rated input current exceeding 16 A and up to and including 75 A per phase, intended to be connected to public low-voltage a.c. distribution systems of the following types:
- Nominal voltage up to 240 V, single-phase, two or three wires;
- Nominal voltage up to 690 V, three-phase, three or four wires;
- Nominal frequency 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
Other distribution systems are excluded. The limits given in IEC 61000-3-12 apply to equipment when connected to 230/400 V, 50 Hz systems. IEC 61000-3-12 applies to equipment intended to be connected to low-voltage systems interfacing with the public supply at the low-voltage level. It does not apply to equipment intended to be connected only to private low-voltage systems interfacing with the public supply only at the medium- or high-voltage level.
IEC 61000-3-12 defines:
a) Requirements and emission limits for equipment;
b) Methods for type tests and simulations.
Tests according to this International Standard are type tests of complete pieces of equipment. Conformity with this standard can also be determined by validated simulations. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004 and constitutes a technical revision. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- The replacement of the reference fundamental current I1 by the reference current Iref for the calculation of emission limits;
- A newly added table of current emission limits;
- A newly added annex (Annex A) to define test conditions for some types of equipment;
- Deletion of the former Annexes B (Approximate interpolation formulas) and D (Information on the PWHD factor).
Retrieved 3/12/14 from IEC Webstore
Note: hot wet nude Rentals can perform ISO17025 accredited calibration on products that abide by this standard.
Newtons4th IMP753 Impedance Network
The N4L IMP753 Impedance Network offers IEC61000-3-3, and IEC61000-3-11 compliant Flicker measurements when combined with a PPA55x1 power analyzer and a compliant AC source. Available in both Single and 3 Phase variants...,kecy hill
Yokogawa WT3000 Precision Power Analyzer
The Yokogawa WT3000 Precision Power Analyzer is the ideal measurement solution for applications such as product efficiency testing, engineering, R&D work on inverters, motor drives, lighting systems and electronic ballasts,...,xxx xn xxx